The Alien Motion AM4-XP is the smallest and lightest lithium starting battery available for the Yamaha R3 and is the battery we use in all of our Team YamahaR3Racing.com race bikes. The Yamaha R3 OEM battery weighs 6 lbs and this Alien Motion AM4-XP Lithium Iron Phospate battery weighs only 15.1 oz. Replacing the OEM battery in your race bike with this lightweight lithium battery is an easy way to drop 5 lbs off the bike and give you space to install your electronics under the seat where they are easy to access.
The Alien Motion AM4-XP also includes a foam spacer to fill the extra space and make installation easier if you are not looking for more space.
Great battery for applications that require less weight and have limited space.
- Ultra-Lightweight and High Power Lithium Motorsport Battery
- Holds a charge with minimal drain for years when there is no draw on power
- 2-Year Warranty and Out of This World Support from Alien Motion
- Great for everyday use for bikes and scooters 50cc to 550cc (Alien Motion Recommends the AM8-XP for 450cc singles)
- Works with the original charging system
- Great for racing applications
- Significant cost savings and longevity compared to lead acid
From the Wikipedia page on LiFePO4 batteries:
“The lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) battery, also called LFP battery (with “LFP” standing for “lithium ferrophosphate”), is a type of rechargeable battery, specifically a lithium-ion battery, which uses LiFePO4 as acathode material. LiFePO4 batteries have somewhat lower energy density than the more common LiCoO2 design found in consumer electronics, but offer longer lifetimes, better power density (the rate that energy can be drawn from them) and are inherently safer. LiFePO4 is finding a number of roles in vehicle use and backup power.”
|Length||60mm – 2.36in|
|Width||60mm – 2.36in|
|Height||100mm – 4in|
|Weight||430g – 15oz|
|Capacity||2.5 Amp Hours|
|Amperage Output||<3 Second Pulse> 190 Amps|
|Charge Time||30 Minutes @ 14.4V & 5 Amps|
|Max Charge Voltage & Current||14.4V / 10 Amp Hours|
|Connection||Brass Terminals with 6mm x 10mm Threaded|
|Enclosure||Impact Resistant ABS Plastic Case|
|Mounting||AM Pod™ Enlarges Battery to 150mm L x 85mm D x 100mm H|