The Antigravity AG-401 4 cell battery is the smallest and lightest lithium starting battery available for the Yamaha R3 and is the battery we choose for our Team YamahaR3Racing.com race bikes. The Yamaha R3 OEM battery weighs 6 lbs and this Antigravity AG-401 Lithium Iron Phospate battery weighs only 15.1 oz. Replacing the OEM battery in your race bike with this lightweight lithium battery is an easy way to drop 5 lbs off the bike and give you space to install your electronics under the seat where they are easy to access.
Small Case Lithium Battery
The AG-401 battery, at a miniscule 4.25″ Length x 1.25″ Depth and 3.75″ Height (to the top of the terminals), offers extreme power in the most compact size in Lithium Motorsport batteries. The AG-401 is best used for Performance applications where extreme weight loss and ultra compact size are desired. Can start inline 4-Cylinder motors up to 600cc for race use, or up to 250cc for everyday street use in scooters. This battery is also a favorite of custom builders who want the smallest battery to tuck out of the way.
- Adhesive-Backed Foam Inserts Included for EASY INSTALLATION to take up extra space in battery compartment.
- Most Compact of Lithium Motorsports Batteries available.
- Ultra-Lightweight and High-Power Lithium-Ion Motorsport Battery.
- Can hold a charge up to a year provided there are no “Parasitic Drains” (accessories that draw power when bike is off (i.e. alarms, ECUs, iPods, GPS, heated grips, etc).
- Built in the USA to high quality standards.
- Large all-brass terminal design.
- Large terminal screws included or *optional OEM style square terminals available
- Waterproof (Not intended for jetski use).
- 3-Year Warranty (view our Warranty page for details).
- Capable of every day use in bikes up to 250cc.
- Race use for Enduro and MX electric start bikes up to 450cc. (If you have a 250cc 2-stroke you will need to use the Antigravity Battery AG-801)
- Race and Track Day use in inline 4 cylinder 600cc sport bikes (Honda CBR600 rider should use the Antigravity Battery: AG-801).
- Custom builds like cafe racers or small bore customs up to 350cc. (Please note if you use older classic bikes from mid 1980s and earlier you should update the charging systems to a modern voltage regulator; damaged voltage regulator can overcharge the battery and damage it.)
From the Wikipedia page on LiFePO4 batteries:
“The lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) battery, also called LFP battery (with “LFP” standing for “lithium ferrophosphate”), is a type of rechargeable battery, specifically a lithium-ion battery, which uses LiFePO4 as acathode material. LiFePO4 batteries have somewhat lower energy density than the more common LiCoO2 design found in consumer electronics, but offer longer lifetimes, better power density (the rate that energy can be drawn from them) and are inherently safer. LiFePO4 is finding a number of roles in vehicle use and backup power.”