Reducing unsprung mass at the wheel is a very effective way to improve the handling and performance of a race bike.
Read here about improving handling by removing unsprung mass from a motorcycle.
This Titanium Hardware Kit is made from 6AL-4V (Grade 5) Titanium Alloy and is highly corrosion resistant and extremely strong and lightweight (approximately 50% lighter than OEM steel hardware). This set includes all of the unsprung hardware on the Yamaha R3 including:
(6) sprocket studs
(6) sprocket nuts
(2) front caliper bolts drilled for safety wire
(1) rear caliper bolt drilled for safety wire
(8) rotor bolts for front and rear rotors
(1) rear brake line mounting bolt
(2) chain guard mounting bolts
(2) fork bottom bolts (do not try to install these without disassembling the forks)
(2) bolts for front mounts of front fender
(2) bolts for rear mounts of front fender (5mm shorter than OEM so they don’t snag on your tire warmers)
(1) rear axle nut and (2) washers
(1) front axle nut
The OEM hardware weighs 1 lb 7.8 oz and this titanium hardware weighs only 12.6 oz, that’s almost 3/4 of a pound less unsprung weight than OEM.